Saturday, October 3, 2026

L.A.'s Hottest Day Ever. Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate...

It's here. They've been yapping about it all week. It's finally here.

The Heat Wave. Hotter than hot. There's only one cure.

An Icy cold brewski. For Breakfast. For Lunch. For Dinner. Especially if you're driving a school bus as a regular day-job gig here in the City of Angels & Actors. Hydrate they say. Absolutely.

Don't know if it's kosher to say, but keeping cool can turn into a permanent lifestyle here in Southern California. Waking to a couple of icy cold Bad Boys is something I've been doing for decades.

Like the song sez, the beer I had for breakfast was so good, I another for dessert. I guess it was in our cards. Back East they've been battling the heat and humidity all summer long.

My time-tested reaction to all this late summer heat was to head down to the local Circus Liquor location, open their cavernous beer locker and literally chill out. All my friends were there.

Bud Light, Mr. Budweiser, a guy called Heineken and a favorite tryst of mine, Stella Artois. Stella and I go way back. Nothing cools the spirit like sitting in your Union Jack Speedos among friends.

I guess they call it an Indian Summer. Nothing to do with our Native American brothers and sistas. Yes, it's hot all over.

In my just-big-enough-to-swing-a-cat apartment, out front, next to the three browned-out palm trees on the browned-out lawn and out back near the slightly overflowing dumpster. It's HOT! No doubt about it. No reservations on that. So to speak. 

Keep cool. Take care. Hydrate.

But, enough about me...

No comments:

Post a Comment