Thursday, April 1, 2021

Echo Park Hues; Echo Park Blues...

I have the solution. It won't be easy. It's taken some sleepless nights. Some tossing and turning. A few "Ah-Ha" defining moments, that came to me, gridlocked in LA's moan and groan traffic. A solution to our biggest challenge. Not Co-Vid. It's simple. It's profound. I have a way to end the homeless crisis.

We need to eat them. 

I know the road ahead will be a long and winding road with many culinary and non-culinary twists and turns. Stay with me. The idea to cure homelessness came to me when I saw an LA landmark being trashed.

A landmark close to my heart and a landmark close to the heart of every movie fan, here in LA and to every movie fan across the world. This landmark location is our beloved beautiful timeless LA Woman. Our sweetheart. Her name is Echo Park. 

In Chinatown, LA Noir gumshoe J.J. Gittes, played by Jack Nicholson snaps those incriminating photos of Water & Power's Mr. Mulray and his alleged girlfriend, as his private detective buddy, rows the boat across the water at Echo Park. 

I binge-watched Bosch last week. Echo Park played a background role as a Walk & Talk scene rolled before the cameras. It was awesome.  

In so many movies, Echo Park has played and will always play a vital character in LA storytelling. When I saw those self-righteous idiots being run out of Echo Park a few nights ago, I slept easier.  It was REM nirvana. I slept the sleep of the just. It won't be easy. 

It won't be easy to eat the homeless. I hope that with your help and with the advice from some of those Craig's List pre-CoVid food workers we'll be able to make it work. Wake up. Cannibalism isn't new to America. Google that Donner-Pass scenario. You get the picture. It's a sick, twisted and yet, hungry picture. 

As an entree, we need to create a restaurant menu. Like at Clint's Hog's Breath Inn in Carmel. Instead of the "Dirty Harry Burger" maybe we should see something like the breakfast recipe for Irish Scrambled Eggs. "First, steal 12 eggs." You get the picture.

We can do this America. All we need to do; is to work together.      To create together. To eat together. 

Bon Appetit.

But, enough about me...


No comments:

Post a Comment