Sunday, December 3, 2023

All I want for Christmas is...

It's exciting. The man dressed in red, the man with that white beard, is on his way. On his way, back to prison. Such a relief. Good riddance guy. Maybe I was dreaming. Whatever.  

I just know that when I awakened from my not-long-enough REM sleep this morning, I heard some Christmas songs via Spotify and I knew for sure that the holidays were on their way. It's what the season is all about. 

Christmas is all about corny songs, too-long religious services, too much sugary food, and most holidays, my brother-in-law, and his alcohol-fueled antics. But let's cut to the chase. Christmas is really about presents.

This year I'm sending out gift suggestions with a capital G. OK, let's be candid, my G is all about Greed.

As Michael Douglas lectured us in Wall Street "Greed is Good."  I'll be remembering that awesome flick this Christmas if I can get those thrift-store binoculars to stay in focus. This December 25th, I'll be waiting for the guy in the apartment across the way to stream my favorite flick. Wall Street

My neighbor thinks Michael Douglas walks on water. With the curtains wide open, I'll be able to see the movie like a house on fire. 

It'll be like a scene from Rear Window, that 50's Hitchcock movie with Grace Kelly providing the eye candy. I know my neighbor is a big Michael Douglas fan, so it should be an awesome Christmas.

I might have to send a few gifts out myself, so I hope to pick up a few bucks by caroling in Pasadena. Just to fatten up the sound I'll have to invite some of the local shelter people, once again, to join in the singing as we walk house to house and apartment to apartment.

I'll be doing lead vocals, so I know we ain't gonna win any Grammy but we should be able to pick up a few bucks and hopefully a Zelle or two or three.  

I hope to be able to download some Taylor Swift tracks, as a present to myself. What a voice. What a talent. Hopefully, soon she'll grow tired of watching football games. I wonder what she thinks of Pasadena?  

Let's stay in touch over the holidays. Good luck with that parole hearing next week. Try to borrow a decent suit and tie and try to crack a smile once in a while.  

But, enough about me.

Happy Holidays Dog...

No comments:

Post a Comment